Want to know how better to reach your students? The JSRCC Library now has an online subscription to The Teaching Professor, an acclaimed newsletter devoted to the art and science of better teaching.
- Student-centered learning
- Mentoring new and adjunct faculty
- Overcoming student apathy
- Energizing and re-inspiring experienced faculty
- Integrating new technology
- Responding to course evaluations and feedback
Articles in the current issue include:
- Student Engagement: Does It Always Improve Learning?
- Texting: Extent, Attitudes, Other Interesting Information
- A Grade Forecasting Strategy
Our new online subscription includes the newsletter published 10 times a year, plus online access to the last 10 years of issues.
Access the library’s subscription to The Teaching Professor from this post or from the library’s web site:
- From the library’s home page located at http://library.reynolds.edu click on the More Databases from the Popular Databases menu on left.
- When the A-Z Resource List appears, click on the T tab from the alphabetical list of tabs located near the top of the screen.
- When the list of databases that begin with T appears, click on The Teaching Professor link.
Off-Campus: If you access the The Teaching Professor from this post or from the library’s web site from off campus, you will be prompted with a Virginia’s Community Colleges login screen first. Login with your My JSRCC username and password.
Questions? Contact us!