JSTOR recently launched a new and improved database platform to better meet user needs. Newly enhanced features include:
- More user-friendly search interface and easier navigation
- Ability to run recent searches
- Ability to search within results
- Thumbnail images of pages
- Simplified printing and improved accessibility for PDFs
- Create a MyJSTOR account to save, email, and manage citations
With your My JSTOR account, you can:
- Save selected citations on JSTOR which can be viewed later on. Citations will be stored in your account file for an indefinite number of days.
- Email citations to your self and others.
- Export citations to your bibliographic management program such as EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, and RefWorks.
JSTOR will continue to make changes and improvement to the new system. Ongoing efforts are already underway to include the following MyJSTOR features:
- Folders, providing users the ability to organize saved citations on different search topics.
- The ability to save searches beyond a single user session.
- The ability to create email alerts.